The hole to the hive was huge. Multiple entrances, though no exposed comb. This hive was found in a small wash, within drone mating distance of my mating nucs. I used old clothing, rocks, and spray foam to build a wall and inserted a wire mesh cone (only screen I had at home was window screen, so I used it). After returning twice to check for new entrances, it finally seems to be holding. The returning workers are filling the nuc box I left for them that had a little brood put into it from one of our other hives. I will keep returning to check to make sure they don't chew their way through the foam anywhere (I used the foam more as a "cement").