The day started at 4:30am. Out the door by 5:15am to get a swarm that just arrived yesterday at a lady's casita. I was hoping it was an easy job and since there was no honeycomb & brood to cut out I decided it was at no charge. Unfortunately the bees made it difficult for me. The swarm was huddled inside the rafters and insulation and I did have to do a little carpentry to get them out. I had got there at 6am and didn't finish until 8:30am. When I got them home I transferred them to a medium mating nuc hive with wax foundation and caged their queen. I gave them protein supplement and syrup. They are very content in their new home.
The guys finished an enclosure for the generator. It shades it and keeps it out of the elements yet is ventilated on both sides for exhaust. Sweet! I will paint it to match the building after I get caught up on a few things. I had to run errands which pretty much consumed the rest of the day. Though I made my evening rounds through the garden, orchard, and to check on the kitties. The Adonis Blazingstar wildflowers were being molested by our bees!