2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp butter
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp milk
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 c milk
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp cornstarch
1 c butter
powdered sugar for dusting
1) Make the cream filling by combining most of the milk with sugar and vanilla, heat until it boils. Combine remaining milk separately with cornstarch. Add to the boiling milk and cook on low heat constantly stirring, careful not to burn milk in this process. Heat until thick. Cover and let cool.
2) Beat butter until fluffy and add to the cooled cream.
3) In a separate pan combine one egg, butter, honey, sugar, and milk and heat until all ingredients have dissolved.
4) In another bowl, mix the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Add the melted mixture to the dry flour mix, add the other egg, then knead until it forms a dough.
5) Divide dough into two equal parts and roll as thin as possible on top of parchment paper. Slide the parchment paper with dough onto a flat cookie sheet. Cut each dough in half again, ending up with four equal sized pieces.
6) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake each piece until golden. Do not over bake or it will become to dry. Usually takes 8-10 minutes depending on oven. Let cool.
7) Place the first flat biscuit layer on a serving tray. Spread half of the cream filling on top, place second flat biscuit layer on top, spread this layer with the plum jam, cover with third biscuit layer, spread remaining cream filling on top, cover with fourth biscuit layer.
Best to let stand in a cool place overnight. Then dust with powdered sugar, cut into squares and serve.